IB Entrance Exam Preparation



Let me guess: you've been stressed about your upcoming entrance exams and don't know if you're prepared at all for what's inside them. Guess what? You've come to the right place because I've got you covered. In this post, I cover all the different areas you'll be covering in your entrance exams by creating an archive containing different resources from all over the world which helped me tremendously in preparing for my exams!





Essay Prompts:
To be prepared for any type of philosophical, unusual or otherwise unexpected essay prompts examiners may throw at you when you're trying in for a school, these resources will provide you valuable essay prep for any entrance exam you may come across. 



Bubble sheets:
Okay, you may ask: "What are bubble sheets and why are they important for entrance exam prep?" Well, I'm glad you asked. These bubble sheets, combined with the respective tests they're meant to be used for, were a lifesaver for me. I used to use way too many pieces of paper to write down my answers to multiple choice questions. Now, with these bubble sheets in the link below, I finally found a way to do all types of practice tests again and again online while saving precious money, paper and time. 

It not only automatically marks you once you've finished the exam (so you don't have to spend time leafing through the answer key), but it also keeps a track record of the subject areas you perform best in (and worst), giving you a super in-depth analysis of exactly what you need to improve. This has by far been one of the most useful tools I've used while preparing for all sorts of exams, so I highly recommend making an account and checking it out:


By the way, if you find yourself lost in figuring out how to go around the website, don't worry because I did too. Spend some time really looking through all of the website's nooks and crannies, because all of the gadgets within the website are super helpful at helping you boost your scores!

Multiple choice papers:
Below you will find all the practice exams I used to prepare for my entrance exams. These links took me a long time to compile, so I hope they will be of use to any person that may feel they need an extra boost in entrance exam prep! Each link has a variety of exams within it covering all sorts of subject areas and they approach questions in a very similar manner to the entrance exams I did.

Sidenote: nearly all of the links included below are continuously expanding the amount of practice tests within them, and for free! 

SAT Practice:

PSAT Practice:

ISEE Practice:

SSAT Practice:

THEA Practice:

California Standards Tests:


----------------------------

Thanks for getting to the end of this article! If you want to see more about anything within the IB, subscribe to this website using the menu on the right to receive updates for when I upload my next post and comment on my posts! If you’re just swinging by, check back here every couple of days for a new upload :) 



Comments

  1. This looks very helpful. My son is in grade 7 right now and preparing for IB next year, grade 8. Is your material too hard for him? Are yours for grade 9?
    Thanks and pardon my ignorance.

    Tao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tao!
      This material is more suited towards those that are applying to the IB Diploma, not the Middle Years Programme (MYP) that I assume your son is applying for. I think that focusing on reading comprehension, grammar, and writing skills would be most relevant for him and his exam.

      I tutor kids in Finland preparing for these IB entrance exams, so if you feel he could use some extra help, feel free to send me an email ( maxinedean65@gmail.com ).

      I hope that your son does well in his exams!

      Delete
  2. Found the bubble sheet the smarest idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! It was very useful when I studied with it, too.

      Delete
  3. to enter into a ibdp school will solving the attached material help me

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I am in Canada, and I am in Grade 7. I want to go in IB School. I need help for the English and French part. Please provide me some more resources.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have any previous entrance exams for grade 9 i’m going to ib in grade 10 and can’t find many sheets for the grade 9 entrance exam

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great blog! The information about the MAP Test is incredibly helpful. I appreciate the detailed insights into how the test works and its importance in education.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Get 7 In Your ESS IA: Step-By-Step

History IA (Historical Investigation) Example - Grade 7